1 tbsp. vegetable oil
250g onion, peeled and chunky chopped
500g aubergine, cut into large dice
300g red pepper, deseeded and cut into large dice
250g courgettes, sliced
800g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
10g garlic, peeled and crushed.
4g chopped flat leaf parsley
550g dried wholemeal pasta: penne, fusilli or rigatoni
15g MAGGI® Southern Fried Crunchy Bake
200g mature cheddar, grated
Prep:10 minutes. Cook:30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- Pour the vegetable oil in a large roasting pan and add the chopped onion, aubergine, pepper and courgettes.
- Toss them in the oil and bake them for 30 minutes, turning them half way through, and adding the crushed garlic and MAGGI Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce. Mix it well with the vegetables and return it to the oven.
- While the vegetables are cooking, place the pasta on to boil and cook for two minutes less than the time recommended on pack.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and spoon a couple of spoonful’s of water into the vegetable mix, then mix with the pasta.
- Combine the MAGGI Southern Fried Crunchy Bake with the grated cheddar and top the pasta mix, then bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once browned, top with the parsley and serve with a tossed salad.
For best results, heat your baking tray in a hot oven first before adding the vegetables.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.