These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Participants should retain a copy for their information.
- The competition is open to qualifying UK & ROI residents, aged 17and over only.
- Registration opens online at 00:01 on 06.12.2021 and closes at 23:59 on 04.02.2022.
- The competition is made up of six (6) phases as outlined below. All stages will be subject to prevailing Covid 19 protocols existing at the time and may be subject to change. Registered students and apprentices, employers and lecturers will be notified of any changes to the competition at the earliest possible convenience.
3.1 Phase 1: REGISTRATION - Timing: Deadline for initial Registration is 23:59 on 04.02.22
- To take part in the competition, participants must be a student, or apprentice, on *Level 2 or 3. Apprentices need to be registered on an apprenticeship programme with a college, university, or training provider.
- Lecturers can register any Back or Front of House students on Level 2 and/or 3.
- Employers can register any Back and Front of House apprentices on Level 2 and/or 3, or apprentices on Level 2 and/or 3 can register themselves.
*Levels 2 and 3 or equivalent national, e.g.: Levels 5 and 6 in Scotland
3.2. Phase 2: SELECTION - Timing: Deadline for Selection is 23:59 on 11.02.2022
Location: At college or in your workplace
Back of House competitors:
- Back of House competitors will be asked to create a Chicken Ballotine at their college or employment with the coaching and supervision of their lecturers and employers.
- Competitors, lecturers, and employers should follow the Instagram account @nestletoquedor for tips on how to best prepare a Chicken Ballotine.
- All students and apprentices must also follow Toque d’Or Instagram (@nestletoquedor) and allow Toque d’Or to follow them back. These competitors must upload two photos of the SELECTION task – butchered chicken and the finished dish - to their own Instagram account and tag @nestletoquedor and #toquedor2022.
- Lecturers and employers will mark the top three students and apprentices work on ten key criteria: butchery, knife skills, hygiene, stock, culinary skills, creativity, taste, texture, portion size and presentation.
- Lecturers or employers will share the names and marks of the three (3) chosen students or apprentices selected to go to the next stage with the Promoter.
- Colleges and employers will be given a budget of £5.00 per student or apprentice taking part on the selection phase for the purchase of the ingredients required to complete the task. Such payments will be made by a third-party agency on behalf of Toque d’Or once the activity has been completed, the entries marked by lecturers and employers and results sent to Toque d’Or.
All photos must be uploaded on Instagram by competitors on 11.02.2022. Toque d’Or will contact the lecturers and employers on 11.02.2022 to confirm the details of their three (3) selected Back of House competitors per college or employer.
Front of House competitors:
- Front of House competitors will be required to lay a table in a manner inspired by the country/nationality of their choice, and to create a coffee drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) inspired by the same country/nationality. Competitors may complete this activity with the coaching and supervision of their lecturers and employers.
- Competitors, lecturers and employers should follow the Instagram account @nestletoquedor for tips on how to best lay a table and prepare a coffee drink.
- All students and apprentices must also follow Toque d’Or Instagram (@nestletoquedor) and allow Toque d’Or to follow them back. Competitors must upload two photos of the SELECTION task – table inspired by the country/nationality of their choice and their created coffee drink - to their own Instagram account and tag @nestletoquedor and #toquedor2022
- Lecturers or employers will mark the top three (3) students on ten criteria including coffee creativity, taste, texture, presentation, description/story, table setting creativity, theme, accuracy, hygiene and overall impression.
- Lecturers or employers will send the details and marks of the three (3) chosen Front of House students or apprentices selected to go to the next stage to the Promoter.
- Colleges and employers will be given a budget of £5.00 per student and apprentice taking part on the selection phase for the purchase of ingredients for the task. Such payments will be made by a third-party agency on behalf of Toque d’Or once the activity has been completed, the entries marked by lecturers and employers and results sent to Toque d’Or.
All photos must be uploaded on Instagram by competitors on 11.02.2022. Toque d’Or will contact the lecturers and employers on 11.02.2022 to confirm the details of their three (3) selected Front of House competitors per college or employer.
All students and apprentices entered in Phase 2 – SELECTION – will receive a Toque d’Or 2022 certificate.
3.3 Phase 3 - QUALIFICATION - Timing: Friday 25th to Sunday 27th February 2022.
- Students and apprentices who are successful in the selection process will go on to the qualification phase. Lecturers and apprentices will be emailed a link on 23.02.22 outlining the qualification phase. This link will be live from 25.02.2022 until 27.02.2022 and all competitors will need to complete and submit the following:
- A short test with 10 multiple choice questions on sustainable diets. A link will be provided to study for the assessment.
- A 30-second video of competitors telling us about their passion and motivation to work in hospitality and what it means to them to be taking part in Toque d’Or 2022. Competitors will need to upload their video to their Instagram account as a grid post, tagging @NestleToquedOr and including the hashtag #NestleToquedOr2022.
- The shortlisted competitors will include 15 Back of House students and 15 Back of House apprentices, plus 15 Front of House students and 15 Front of House apprentices. All competitors will be notified via social media and email by 11.03.2022.
- N.B. Should any selected competitor be unable to participate, or continue in the stages of the competition, for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select the next best competitor, based on marks obtained.
3.4 Phase 4 – HEATS – Timing: 28th March 2022 – 1st April 2022
Location: Nestlé UK Offices, Gatwick.
N.B. All participants attending the face-to-face heats will be required to take a relevant test prior to attending and must agree to have their temperature taken on arrival. Any competitor who feels unwell, or becomes unwell, must inform the Promoter and event organisers as soon as they become aware of any signs of being unwell. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to the event for any attendees who return a positive test result or have high temperature readings. In the event of any competitor being unable to continue, the Promoter reserves the right to invite another shortlisted competitor with the next best marks.
- Organisers of Toque d’Or 2022 will be in direct contact with all successful competitors by 11.03.2022 to confirm arrangements for taking part in the Heats. Competitors will be informed at this stage which day they will compete, agree uniform requirements, and discuss any other relevant challenge information. Travel to and from Gatwick, accommodation, and meals, will be organised for competitors.
- The Heats will take place over five (5) days at Nestlé UK offices, Gatwick, Surrey. Competitors will be advised which day and time they will need to attend (either one morning, or one afternoon, per competitor). All reasonable expenses incurred to attend on the allotted day/time will be covered by Toque d’Or.
After this phase, 12 competitors will go forward to take part in the Grand Finals.
Finalists will include three (3) Back of House students and three (3) Back of House apprentices, three (3) Front of House students and three (3) Front of House apprentices. All finalists will be notified by social media and email by 04.04.2022.
3.5 Phase 5 – GRAND FINALS - Timing: w/c 25th April 2022
Location: To be confirmed
- Taking part in Toque d’Or 2022 Grand Finals will give an opportunity for competitors to meet fellow competitors, learn new skills, take part in educational/fun challenges, network with industry peers and have direct feedback from the expert panel of judges.
- All reasonable expenses incurred to attend the Grand Finals will be covered by Toque d’Or. Toque d’Or’s third part agency will contact each finalist to make the necessary travel arrangements and agree what cost elements will be covered.
3.6 Phase 6 – AWARDS - Timing: 20th May 2022
Location: To be confirmed
- All 12 finalists, plus their lecturers and employers will be invited to attend the awards ceremony planned to take place in June 2022, venue to be confirmed. The four (4) Toque d’Or 2022 winners – Back of House student, Back of House apprentice, Front of House student and Front of House apprentice – will be announced at the awards.
3.7 Phase 7 – WINNERS’ TRIP
- The four ultimate winners will win a trip to the Worldchefs Congress and Expo due to take place in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Winners must be available to travel to Abu Dhabi from 27.05.2022 to 02.06.2022. These dates are subject to confirmation and may change.
- Due to the tight deadline from the winner announcement to the departure date, all finalists must ensure they have valid passport ready with a minimum of three months validity and advise the Promoter of any visa requirements.
- British Citizens do not require a visa to enter Abu Dhabi, however, it will be the responsibility of the winners to ensure they have the correct travel documents.
- Should a winner require a visa the Promoter will cover all reasonable costs.
- All winners travelling to Abu Dhabi will be required to take any necessary tests as set out by the travel protocols at the time. The Promoter will cover the costs for any mandatory tests needed for travel.
- Winners will be required to follow all mandatory protocols existing at the time of travel including wear masks etc., except where exempt.
- Should a winner be unable to travel (including, but not limited to, testing positive for Covid 19 or other variants, or contracting the virus prior to departure) the prize entitlement will be withdrawn. Unfortunately, no cash or other alternative will be available in such an event.
- The event dates are fixed, and all winners must be available to travel on the stated dates.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss of earnings due to taking time off to attend the event.
- The prize includes travel from the winners’ homes to the airport, standard class flights, transfers whilst in UEA, meals, drinks (non-alcoholic), six (6) nights’ accommodation in an individual/single room, entertainment, entry to the Worldchefs Congress and Expo in Abu Dhabi. All expenses as outlined will be covered by Toque d’Or. Any additional costs incurred outside those specifically stated will be the sole responsibility of the individual.
- In the event of a change in travel protocols and/or the cancellation of the event that is beyond its control, the Promoter will look at alternative prize arrangements.
Further details about the Worldchefs event can be found at:
Visa information can be found at:
- LECTURERS & EMPLOYERS:
- Lecturers and employers will need to complete an online registration form. Lecturers will be asked to fill a spreadsheet confirming their students first name and surname, what level they are (Level 2 or 3), and if they are Back of House or Front of House. Employers will also be required to complete the same information about their apprentices within the online registration form.
- Nominated students and apprentices will be required to complete a virtual assessment, accessible via a link that will be provided. This assessment must be undertaken from Friday 25th to Sunday 27th.
- Students and apprentices will be required to complete the tasks as outlined above. Nominating lecturers and employers should ensure their students and apprentices have sufficient notification to allow them to prepare for the task and to review the study links provided.
- As part of the assessment task, students and apprentices will also be required to submit a video of themselves as outlined above. Lecturers and employers must ensure that students and apprentices are advised in good time to allow them to prepare their video.
- From this point the Toque d’Or® team will require an opt in from the competitor themselves to confirm that permission has been granted to speak directly with those selected students via email to give them all necessary instructions relating to the next phase of the competition (the HEATS).
- The Toque d’Or® team will choose the students and apprentices to go through to the HEATS based on their assessment and video scores.
- Once the Toque d’Or® team have selected the students and apprentices to go to the Heats, Toque d’Or® will notify the lecturer concerned.
- A third-party agency acting on behalf of the Promoter will contact the selected students and apprentices in order to ask further questions, such as a suitable address to send deliveries to, their size to send uniforms, etc.
- By taking part in the promotion, winners agree that the Promoter may contact them to ask whether they want to participate in marketing activities relating to the promotion.
- By providing an entry, each participant grants the Promoter and its agents the right to publish, use, reproduce, distribute, make available, edit and/or modify the entry including recipes, in any way, in whole or in part, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, in perpetuity and without consideration or notice to the participant. Providing any entry further constitutes the participant’s transfer to the Promoter of any and all rights, title, and interest in and to the entry and the entrant’s likeness, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights.
- Limitations of liability: Neither the Promoter, its agents, or anyone professionally connected to the Promotion, assume any responsibility or liability for:
- Any for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions.
- Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this Promotion.
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the website or any combination thereof.
- In the event of circumstances outside the Promoter’s reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter and those partnered with the competition reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition, or these Terms and Conditions, at any stage but will endeavour to minimize the effect to entrants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes as to the meaning of these terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the participants’ local courts.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- If, for any reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or entries received outside any promotional period will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
Promoter: Nestlé Professional, Nestlé UK Ltd, 1 City Place, Gatwick RH6 0PA