10g Unsalted Butter
100g Banana Shallots, finely diced
1.2kg Wild mushrooms
100ml whipping cream
10ml CHEF® Mushroom Liquid Concentrate
10ml Olive oil
2 x 500g Ciabatta, sliced 1.5 cm thick
80g Parmesan Cheese, shaved
Prep: 10 minutes. Cook: 12 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a pan on a medium heat, making sure it does not burn.
- Add the shallots and cook without colour, add the prepped cleaned mushrooms.
- Sauté until cooked, add the Madeira and reduce.
- Add the whipping cream and reduce. Season with the CHEF Mushroom Liquid concentrate, season with 4g of chives.
- Heat the griddle pan and brush with the olive oil. Toast the ciabatta bread on both sides.
- Place the bread into the base of the preferred serving dish, top with the mushrooms.
- Garnish with the remaining chives & the shaved parmesan to serve.
Why not use chestnut and closed cup mushrooms to reduce the cost.
Remove the bread and serve with pasta instead for a simple main course dish.