Wild Mushroom Risotto
- 0:35 TIME
- 10 portions
WATCH THESE VIDEOS TO FIND OUT MORE
View our range of short videos to see the dish being created and how you can use our CHEF® Liquid Concentrates in the same way as a bouillon or seasoning. They’ll help you add more flavour at any stage from pre-cooking to plating.
350g wild mushrooms
750g Aborio rice
40g unsalted butter
10ml olive oil
100ml white wine
50ml single cream
20g CHEF® Mushroom Liquid Concentrate
1.5 litres approx. water
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Heat the pan on a medium heat and melt half of the butter (35g) with half of the oil (5ml).
- Sweat the diced shallots without colour, add the rice and coat well. Do not let it stick. Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Cover with water and stir, reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Keep adding water each time it has evaporated until cooked.
- In a separate pan, on a high heat, melt the remaining butter with oil and sauté off the mushrooms.
- Add the mushrooms to the cooked rice and finish with the cream, parmesan and CHEF Mushroom Liquid Concentrate.
- Remove from the heat & stir in the chopped chives.
- Place into the required serving dish and finish with some shaved fresh parmesan.
As is this makes a great dish but you can add asparagus or fresh garden peas to really make this a colourful meal that even the most ardent meat eaters would eat.