500g Arborio rice
2 garlic cloves
40ml CHEF® Vegetable Liquid Concentrate
40g CHEF® White Wine Reduction paste
250g green asparagus, chopped
100g parmesan cheese
100g pickled onions
30ml parsley oil
20g chives, finely cut
Prep time:20 minutes. Cooking time:20 minutes.
- Sauté the shallots and garlic in the butter until they are clear in colour.
- Bring the water to boil, with the CHEF White Wine Paste and CHEF Vegetable Liquid Concentrate.
- Add the liquid a little at a time, and then cook the risotto slowly until the liquid is absorbed.
- Cut and blanch the asparagus al dente and add into the risotto. Keep some aside to garnish.
- Next, add the Parmesan and mascarpone.
- To finish the risotto, adjust the texture with more water and season with CHEF Vegetable Liquid Concentrate and CHEF White Wine Paste, if needed.
- Plate the risotto and garnish with the remaining asparagus, pickled onions, parsley oil and finely cut chives.
Risotto can also be with seafood and mushrooms.