1kg chicken breast fillets
65ml CHEF® Chicken Liquid Concentrate
20ml sunflower oil
500g fine rice noodles
1.5L boiling water
42ml CHEF® Asian Liquid Concentrate
1tsp light soy sauce
150g carrots, cut into fine matchsticks
100g spring onions, thinly sliced
100g sugar snap peas, finely sliced
10g fresh mint, chopped
10g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
20g red chilli, deseeded and very finely sliced
2 whole fresh limes, sliced into 10 wedges
Prep: 15 minutes. Cook: 5 minutes.
- Toss the chicken in 20g chicken concentrate, cover and marinate overnight if possible. Heat a large frying pan, add the sunflower oil and pan-fry the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes either side until golden. Place on a tray in an oven preheated to 1800C for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the noodles according to pack instructions, refresh and drain then divide into 10 bowls.
- In a large pan, add the water followed by the remaining chicken concentrate, Asian concentrate and soy sauce and heat until boiling hot.
- When the chicken is cool, thinly slice as finely as possible and divide between the 10 bowls.
- Add the vegetables, chillies, mint, coriander and a wedge of lime to each bowl.
- Make sure the broth is boiling hot, pour over each dish and serve.
You can add different vegetables like bok or pak choi or try different noodles. Always finely slice the ingredients so they heat up with the hot broth.
Per serve (1/10th recipe)
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.