2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 medium onion (150g), peeled and chopped
200g celery, sliced
200g mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
600g vegetarian mince
50g red lentils
700g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
1tsp dried oregano
550g lasagne sheets, wholegrain
375ml boiling water
125ml cold water to mix with béchamel mix
90g MAGGI® Béchamel Sauce
150g cheddar cheese, grated
Prep: 20 minutes. Cook: 30 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil, onions and celery in a large pan and fry until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the vegetarian mince, red lentils, MAGGI Rich & Rustic and oregano and simmer for 30 minutes making sure the lentils are cooked through.
- Cover the base of a deep roasting tin with quarter of the vegetarian sauce and arrange a layer of lasagne sheets on top.
- Repeat the process of alternating layers of sauce and lasagne sheets until all the sauce has been used. Finish with a layer of lasagne sheets.
- In a separate bowl whisk the béchamel powder into 125ml cold water and mix to a smooth paste then pour into the boiling water.
- Continue to whisk for 3 minutes then add the cheddar cheese and season with cracked black pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the lasagne sheets. Bake in an oven pre-heated to 190°C/ 375°F/ Gas Mark 5 for 30 to 45 minutes.
Blitz onions in the food processor. This saves time chopping and blends well into the mince sauce. You can also top the lasagne with some grated parmesan cheese for a real authentic flavour. Serve with a side salad.
Per Serve (1/10th of recipe)
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.