Vegetarian Fruity Chilli Tacos topped with Cheese, Sour Cream and Lettuce
- 0:50 TIME
- 10 portions
For the salsa
½ red onion, finely diced
½ green bell pepper, finely diced
½ red bell pepper, finely diced
50g cucumber, peeled, cored and finely diced
10g fresh coriander, chopped
200g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
½ lime, juiced
For the chilli and tacos
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 medium onion (150g), diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
600g vegetarian mince
50g red lentils
300g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
1 small apple, peeled chopped
1 pear, peeled and chopped
1tsp smoked paprika
10 taco shells
100g iceberg lettuce, shredded
50g sour cream
150g mature cheddar cheese
Prep:20 minutes. Cook30 minutes
- Begin by preparing the salsa. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and cover with cling film. The flavours will develop and deepen while the chilli for the tacos is cooking.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion. Cook for five minutes until soft and golden.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further five minutes, then stir in the vegetarian mince and lentils and allow to cook for five minutes.
- Add the MAGGI Rich and Rustic, apple and pear and simmer for 45 minutes, adding a little water if required. Once tender add the cumin and smoked paprika.
- To serve, warm the taco shells for two minutes in a pre-heated oven.
- Divide the shredded lettuce among the shells then fill with the chilli.
- Top with the tomato salsa, a teaspoon of sour cream and a sprinkle of grated cheddar cheese.
This recipe also works great as a burrito or simply served in a wholemeal tortilla.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.