1 litre cold water
200g MAGGI® Mashed Potato Flakes
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 medium (150g) onion, chopped
50g red lentils
180g carrot, peeled and diced
180g swede, peeled and diced
20g MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon
1 bay leaf
75g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
600g vegetarian mince
75g MAGGI® Original Vegetarian Gravy
250ml cold water
100g cheddar cheese, grated
Prep:25 minutes. Cook:35 minutes.
- Add a litre of cold water to a mixing bowl then whisk in the potato flakes. Leave to reconstitute for 2 minutes and then whisk again for a further minute. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan then add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the red lentils, carrots, swede, vegetable concentrate, bay leaf and 600ml of water and simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the MAGGI Rich & Rustic and vegetarian mince. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Whisk the gravy powder and cold water in a large jug to form a smooth paste.
- Stir the gravy paste into the vegetarian mix, followed by the peas. Heat until simmering – at this stage you may need to add a little water to achieve the right consistency.
- Place mix into an ovenproof dish then spoon or pipe the mashed potato on top. Use the tines of a fork to create texture on the surface of the mash and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 190°C/ 375°F/ Gas Mark 5 for 25 to 35 minutes until cooked through and the mash topping is golden brown.
Try adding spring onion to the mash. This recipe also works perfectly with minced beef
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.