15ml vegetable oil
200g onions, finely sliced
2 clove garlic, crushed
900g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
20g MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon
2tsp rosemary, finely chopped
200g red lentils
520g carrot, diced
520g swede, diced
520g potato, diced
300g celery, diced
400g leek, finely sliced
4 x 400g tins butter beans, drained
2 dashes hot sauce (optional)
9 medium baking potatoes, finely sliced
Prep: 25 minutes. Cook: 40 minutes.
- Heat 10ml vegetable oil in a large pan and cook the onion for five minutes or until soft, then add the garlic and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the MAGGI Rich & Rustic, red lentils, vegetable bouillon and rosemary. Simmer for 10 minutes then blitz the sauce with a food processor.
- Return the pan to the stove, add the carrots and swede and cook for 10 minutes before adding the potato, celery and leek.
- Keep the pan on the heat until all the vegetables are cooked. Stir in the drained butter beans and few dashes of hot sauce, if desired also letting down with a little water if needed.
- Blanch the sliced baking potatoes in a separate pan of boiling water for 3 minutes, or until just softened.
- Transfer the vegetable mix to an oven proof dish then layer the blanched potatoes, ensuring they overlap and fully cover the surface of the hot pot.
- Brush with the remaining vegetable oil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes in an oven pre-heated oven to 190°C/ 375°F/ Gas Mark 5.
Haricot beans are a great substitute if you don’t like butter beans. Serve this dish with roasted parsnips and curly kale.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.