Vegan Burger with Classic Slaw
- 0:23 TIME
- 10 portions
10 x white vegan burger buns
100g low fat vegan mayonnaise
50g reduced salt tomato sauce
50g American mustard
4 large dill pickles, sliced
5 ripe tomatoes, sliced (2 slices per portion)
10 cos (Romaine) lettuce leaves, washed
5 x onions, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tsp olive oil
Crack black pepper
500g savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
2 carrots, peeled and shredded+
3 stalks celery, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 white onion, thinly sliced
25g low fat vegan mayonnaise
50g low fat yogurt
Black cracked pepper
Prep Time: 15mins
Cook Time: 8mins
- Mix the mayonnaise, yogurt and some black pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the cabbage, carrot, celery, green and onion and toss to combine then transfer the slaw to a serving dish.
- For the caramelized onions, heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a frying pan, add the onions and cook over a medium heat stirring until caramelized. As soon as the onions are cooked, season with freshly ground black pepper and set to one side.
- To cook the burgers in a non-stick frying pan, add 1 tsp olive oil over a moderate heat for defrosted: 4-7 minutes Frozen: 6-8 minutes, turn frequently.
- Toast the buns on both sides and then top each of the bases with half of the mayonnaise and then divide the rest of the mayonnaise with the burger lids along with the tomato sauce and mustard.
- To assemble starting from the base, add the lettuce, followed by the burger, fried onions, two slices of tomato and the sliced dill pickle and sandwich with the tops of the buns.
Why not try adding a slice of vegan cheddar cheese and serving hand-cut chips dusted with smoked paprika.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).