Tomato Risotto with Spinach and Peas
- 0:45 TIME
- 10 Portions
20g MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon
1 medium red onion (150g), finely chopped
10ml vegetable oil
450g risotto rice – use Arborio or Carnaroli
400g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
200g frozen peas
300g bag baby leaf spinach
200g low-fat cream cheese
50g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
10g fresh basil leaves, chopped
Prep:15 minutes. Cook:30 minutes.
- Add the water to a large pan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the MAGGI Vegetable Bouillon.
- Add the oil and onions to another saucepan over a medium heat. Fry for 5 minutes or until soft and without colour.
- Add the rice and stir for 1 minute, then add the simmering vegetable stock followed by the MAGGI Rich & Rustic.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a low heat.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Add the peas for the last few minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, cream cheese, parmesan and basil then remove from the heat and allow to stand for 2 minutes.
- Divide into 10 dishes and serve.
This is a no fuss risotto, add all the liquid at once and simply simmer until the rice is just cooked.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.