1 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 medium onions (300g), finely chopped
20g garlic, crushed
600g MAGGI Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
2 x 400g tin Borlotti beans, drained and washed (480g drained weight)
15g MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon
Few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
Cracked black pepper, to taste
550g rigatoni or penne pasta
60g Medium cheddar cheese, grated
30g MAGGI® Southern Fried Crunchy Bake
Prep:10 minutes. Cook:20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan and fry the onions for 5 minutes until softened and lightly golden, then stir in the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Mix in the MAGGI Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce, borlotti beans, water and the MAGGI Vegetable Bouillon and bring to a simmer for 10 – 15 minutes. Add a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce and season with black pepper to taste.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to pack instructions, refresh and drain. Stir the pasta into the sauce and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Scatter the grated cheese over the top followed by the MAGGI Southern Fried Crunchy Bake.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated 200˚C/ Fan 180˚C/ Gas Mark 6 for 20-30 minutes or until above 75°C and golden.
Try adding courgetts or roasted vegetables to the tomato sauce before baking. Serve with a simple green salad.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.