For the Garnish
150g instant polenta
50g black olive tapenade
250g green asparagus
150g pickled red onions
For the Lamb jus
500ml CHEF® All Natural Lamb stock
30g CHEF® Red and Port Wine Reduction Paste
1tbsp. olive oil
Prep time:20 minutes. Cooking time:60 minutes.
- Cook the polenta according to the recipe on the pack and season with the black olive tapenade. Cool it overnight under pressure to have a firm and dense texture
- Cut it into the preferred shape. During service, fry in oil till crispy.
- Fry the lamb rack on the skin-side, until it is golden. Finish it in the oven at 200c with thyme, cook it until the preferred cooking type and leave it to rest before carving it.
- Fry the asparagus in the butter until it is al dente. Then heat the picked red onions until cooked.
- Reduce the CHEF® All Natural Lamb Stock by 20% with the CHEF® Red and Port Wine Reduction Paste. Infuse the sauce with all of the herbs and garlic.
- Strain the Lamb Jus sauce and season with gastrique, salt and pepper.
Why not use CHEF All Natural Veal Stock instead of CHEF All Natural Lamb stock to experiment with flavours.