2 tbsp. vegetable oil
400g onion, sliced
6 cloves garlic, crushed
30g ginger, peeled and chopped
1tsp chilli powder
4tsp Garam Masala
2tbsp brown sugar
700g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
250g carrot, diced
400g sweet potato, peeled and diced
150g green beans, topped & tailed and cut in half lengthwise
2 x 400g tin butterbeans (480g drain weight)
150ml natural yoghurt
40g coriander, chopped
Prep:20 minutes. Cook:30 minutes.
- Add the vegetable oil and onions to a saucepan and cook for five minutes or until softened. Stir in the garlic and ginger for a further 5 minutes to soften.
- Stir in the chilli powder, turmeric, Garam Masala and sugar for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the MAGGI Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce and bring to a simmer. Use a hand blender to blitz the sauce until smooth.
- Cook the rice as per cooking instructions on pack.
- Add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes, then add the sweet potato and cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring from time to time until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the green beans and butterbeans and simmer for a few minutes. You may need to let the sauce down slightly with a little water.
- Serve in bowls topped with a tablespoon of natural yoghurt and a sprinkling of fresh chopped coriander..
Serve with 420g of sticky coconut rice and half a naan bread. Add some chillies if you like that extra heat kick.
Per Serve (1/10th of recipe)
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.