10 x 170g rib-eye steaks
500g baby carrots
550g tender stem broccoli
450g mange tout
12 black peppercorns
20g shallot, very finely chopped
200ml ready prepared MAGGI® Demi-Glace Sauce (95g per litre)
30ml double cream
10ml olive oil
Black pepper (to season)
Prep:20 minutes. Cook:30 – 45 minutes.
- Put a pan of water to boil to cook the vegetables.
- Heat a thick based pan on a high heat.
- Oil & season the steaks on both sides and then lay in the pan. Only do as many as you can comfortably fit in the pan, you do not want them to overlap or touch.
- Cook to preference.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan leave to rest on one side.
- Add the shallots to the pan and sweat down.
- De-glace the pan with the brandy, once reduced add the peppercorns and the prepared demi-glace.
- Heat the demi-glace thoroughly and then add the double cream and bring to boil.
- Whilst making the sauce add the carrots to the boiling water, leave for 2 minutes.
- Add the tender stem and mange tout. Bring to the boil, simmer for 1 minute and then drain.
- Plate up and pour the sauce over the steak, season with black pepper if required and serve.
Allow the steaks to always rest prior to serving to stop any weeping on the plate. Use crème fraiche instead of cream for a healthier alternative.
Per serve (1/10th of recipe)
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.