Sausage, Potato and Butterbean Casserole
- 1:05 TIME
- 10 portions
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 medium onions (300g), chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
5 carrots (350g), peeled and diced
800g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
20g MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
2 x 400g tin butterbeans, drained and washed
2 bay leaves
Fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped to serve
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
Prep:20 minutes. Cook:45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Prick the sausages all over with a fork. This helps the fat to run and stop them from splitting. Brush the vegetable oil over the sausages and grill until golden, turning often. Remove the sausages and set aside.
- Add the chopped onion to a casserole dish and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes until the onions are slightly soft. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for another minute.
- Add the chopped potatoes, carrots, Maggi Rich and Rustic, water, Maggi Chicken Bouillon, butterbeans and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer then return the sausages to the dish.
- Place the casserole in the oven and cook for 45 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are soft. Serve with chopped parsley.
Try replacing normal potatoes with sweet potatoes.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.