500g ready prepared MAGGI® Mashed Potato (cold method)
400g plain flour
2 medium eggs, beaten
20ml olive oil
150g Swiss chard, washed
750g MAGGI® Rich and Rustic Tomato Sauce
50g green sliced Jalapeños
Prep:30 minutes. Cook:20 minutes.
- Mix the cold mashed potato with the flour and beaten eggs in a large bowl. Do not over mix.
- Bring a large pan of water to a simmer.
- On a well-floured surface and working in batches, roll the potato mix into long sausages about 1 cm in diameter.
- Using a knife cut lozenges about 3cm from each roll. Do not worry if they look a little rustic.
- Drop the potato lozenges into the simmering water in batches. Once they have floated to the top, they are cooked.
- Remove with a slotted spoon onto a greased tray. At this point the gnocchi may be chilled or frozen for later use.
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil and quickly sauté the chard before removing and setting aside.
- Add the cooked gnocchi to the pan and gently brown them.
- When cooked, take out and in the same pan add the tomato sauce and warm through.
- To assemble the dish, first add the sauce, followed by the gnocchi and then the chard.
- Finally, finish with a sprinkle of jalapeños.
Add that touch of professionalism by topping with shards of parmesan and cracked black pepper. Great served on its own or with meat and fish.
Per serve (1/10th of recipe)
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.