Roasted Rack of English Lamb with Chargrilled Provencal Vegetables, Basil and Anchovy Jus
- 1:00 TIME
- 4 portions
Rack of English Lamb
2 racks of English lamb
1tbsp olive oil
300ml CHEF® Lamb All Natural Stock
25g black olives, chopped
3g anchovies, chopped
2tbsp parsley, chopped
1 courgette, sliced length ways
1/2 aubergine, sliced length ways
1 red pepper, peeled and cut into 4
1 yellow pepper, peeled and cut into 4
50ml extra virgin olive oil
1 bulb of garlic, crushed
4 sprigs of thyme, picked
100g pitted green olive
10ml extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch of fresh basil
1/2 bulb garlic
20g Parmesan, grated
20g pine nuts, toasted
30ml extra virgin olive oil
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6.
- Blend the pesto ingredients together until they are smooth in a food processor and place to one side.
- For the tapenade, pulse the olives and oil together in blender until smooth, but with a little texture remaining and place to one side.
- Season the lamb racks with the salt and pepper. In a large hot sauté pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil. Place the seasoned lamb racks fat side down and allow them to develop a colour. Turn them over occasionally, to ensure equal colouring.
- Ensure the lamb racks are fat side down, and place in the hot oven for 12 -15 minutes. Then remove from the oven and rest. Reserve any resting juices to drizzle over the dish before serving.
- While the lamb cooks, prepare the chargrilled vegetables. In a small pan warm 30ml of the olive oil with the garlic and thyme, until it starts to sizzle then remove it from the heat.
- Toss the vegetables, in the oil that remains in the pan. In a very hot chargrill pan, sear them until cooked and place in the flavoured oil to marinade.
- Reduce 300ml of the CHEF Lamb ANS to 180ml. Take off the heat and add the anchovies, diced tomatoes, chopped olives and crushed parsley.
- To serve, place a pool of the pesto to one side of the serving plate and a quenelle of the tapenade on the other. Reheat the vegetables in the oven and then place them over the pesto. Carve the lamb into 2 pieces and drizzle with some of the resting juices to serve and the Lamb Jus.
You can to swap the English lamb rack with a pork rack.
Per Serve (1/4th recipe)
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.