Pulled Beef and Asian Pho
- 0:30 TIME
- 10 portions
WATCH THESE VIDEOS TO FIND OUT MORE
View our range of short videos to see the dish being created and how you can use our CHEF® Liquid Concentrates in the same way as a bouillon or seasoning. They’ll help you add more flavour at any stage from pre-cooking to plating.
15g fresh ginger
15g CHEF® Beef Liquid Concentrate
27g CHEF® Asian Liquid Concentrate
2 litres water
10ml soya sauce
5ml fish sauce
100g carrots, peeled and julienne
200g sirloin steak
300g dried rice noodles
150g spring onions
30g chilli pepper (Thai bird, serrano, or jalapeño)
100g mangetout, julienne
20g fresh coriander or basil
Optional: 20ml hot sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes. Cooking Time: 10 minutes.
- Peel the onions and cut them into quarters through the root. Peel the ginger and slice it into quarters down its length. Using tongs, chargrill the onions and ginger on all sides over high heat.
- Make the broth by combining the CHEF Beef Liquid Concentrate and CHEF Asian Liquid Concentrate and water. Combine the broth, soya sauce, fish sauce, chopped carrots, and the charred onions and ginger. Bring to boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Slice the beef across the grain, slices no thicker than 1/4 inch. Once sliced, keep the beef covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil, cook the noodles according to package instructions. Strain the noodles and refresh. Divide between bowls immediately if serving straight away or toss in olive oil to stop from sticking together.
- Thinly slice the spring onions and the chilli pepper. Cut the limes into wedges. Place the bean sprouts, chillies and mangetout into the serving dish with the cooked noodles. Top with a few slices of the raw beef and the roughly chopped herbs.
- Ladle the hot broth into each bowl, pouring it evenly over the beef in order to cook it. Top with the lime wedge.
- Serve with the optional hot sauce on the side.
Although this contains Beef, just by changing the Beef concentrate to the Vegetable & removing the meat you have a very simple & tasty vegetarian dish to make anyone feel special. Use the same base as vegetarian but add prawns for the extra touch of indulgence.