Potato and Cheese Quesadilla served with Salad
- 0:20 TIME
- 10 portions
200g MAGGI® Mashed Potato Flakes
1000ml cold water
110g extra mature cheddar cheese, grated (for the filling)
40g Red Leicester cheddar cheese, grated (for the filling)
20g spring onion, washed and thinly sliced
5g chives, finely chopped
Cracked black pepper, to taste
50g mozzarella cheese, grated
10 x 10” wholemeal tortillas
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
160g red pepper
160g yellow pepper
Prep:10 minutes. Cook:10 minutes.
- Add the water followed by the potato flakes to a bowl and whisk for 30 seconds. Leave to reconstitute for two minutes.
- After two minutes re-mix and add the mature cheddar, Red Leicester, spring onion, chives, and black pepper.
- Divide the potato mix between the tortillas, (try using an ice-cream scoop) and spread evenly over half the tortilla. Add the mozzarella to the top of the potato.
- Fold the tortillas over to form a semi-circle and lightly brush each side of the tortilla with the vegetable oil.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200⁰C for 8 minutes or until crisp and golden and serve with the salad.
To make this quesadilla recipe even more special, try lightly brushing each quesadilla with rapeseed oil and then dusting with MAGGI Southern Fried Crunchy Bake before cooking.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.