Pork Loin with Pommes Anna with Whole Grain Mustard Sauce
- 1:35 TIME
- 4 Portions
50g parmesan cheese
Salt for seasoning
Black pepper for seasoning
1.7 litres of water
120g corse sea salt
3 bay leaves
60g crushed garlic
15g black peppercorns
30g parsley stalks
200g vegetable oil
50 ml of chardonnay vinegar
300ml of water
1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds
1 sprig of fresh tarragon
100ml vegetable stock
2 sprigs of Thyme
Sachimi seasoning for seasoning
400ml CHEF® All Natural Veal Stock
200g pork trimming
1 shallot sliced
1 tps wholegrain mustard
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Pre heat your oven to 170 degrees.
- Slice 2 of the potatoes in to very thin slices using a mandolin.
- While you are slicing keep it in the clarified butter avoid the potato browning.
- Layer a small oven tray with grease proof paper then place the potato slices one by one so they are covering each other half way, in-between each potato layer sprinkle with parmesan cheese and crushed black pepper.
- When you finish with the potato add some butter to the top and cover with grease proof paper and bake for 35-40 min.
- Remove from the oven and lightly press while cooling down.
- When cold slice it 9x2cm, before plating lightly give it some colour on the pan.
- Mix water, salt and honey in a pan then bring it to a gentle boil.
- Add all the spices (2 bay leaves, 15g black peppercorns, 30g parsley stalks, 20g basil, 55g garlic, 2 cloves, ½ tsp mustard seeds, 1 sprig of fresh tarragon) to a muslin cloth and slightly crush them to get the flavours out.
- When the water has boiled drop the spices in and cook it for 2-3 min.
- Remove from the heat and leave it to cool down.
- Once it has cooled place the pork loin in and leave for at list 12 hours.
- Remove from the brine and dry it off.
- Marinade the pork with garlic and basil puree then roll it in to a ballotine.
- Place it in a sous vide for 1.5 hours at 58 degrees.
- Before serving pan fry to get a nice colour all around and sprinkle it with potato garlic and basil crumble.
Basil and garlic puree
- Blanch the basil in hot water and simply blitz with garlic and oil (add the oil slowly to create a puree).
Pickled shallot rings
- Bring to boil the water, vinegar, cloves, mustard seeds and tarragon then just leave it on the side to cool down.
- Cut the shallots into rings.
- Place the shallot rings into the liquid and leave to marinade.
Spicy Pumpkin Puree
- Dice the pumpkin.
- Place the diced pumpkin into the pan and cook with the butter and the herbs until caramelised.
- Add the cream and cook until soft.
- Blend it in the thermomixer till smooth.
- Blanche the kale.
- Deep fry the kale and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and sachimi spice.
Whole grain mustard pork jus
- Sweat down the shallots, pork trimmings, thyme and garlic.
- Deglaze the meat with white wine and add the CHEF® All Natural Veal stock and slow cook until reduced by half.
- Strain the jus from the meat and skim the fat.
- When serving add 1 teaspoon of whole grain mustard and one teaspoon of pickled liquid (for sharpness).
- Julian 1 peeled potato and add to the water so it does not go brown.
- Fry them in 150 degree oil till lightly browned.
- Season with table salt and crush them.
- Add a teaspoon of the basil and garlic purée.
For the Anna potato make sure you use enough butter so that the potato doesnt brown.