- 375g pack ready-made short crust pastry
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 150g dark brown soft sugar
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 170g CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 100g spread , softened
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 150g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
Prep: 20 minutes. Cook: 50 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to line a 14x5” rectangular pastry tin, allowing the excess pastry to hang over the sides of the tin. Prick the base with a fork and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the sugar, syrup, condensed milk, butter and vanilla. Pour into the pastry case then sprinkle over the pecans.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the filling is just set.
- Remove from the tin and leave to cool before cutting into 8 slices.
Try serving hot or cold with custard or crème fraîche. Although pecans are the traditional choice, you could use walnuts instead.
Per slice (1/12th pie)**
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.