Macaroni Cheese with Peas and Sweetcorn
- 1:00 TIME
- 10 portions
450g macaroni pasta
600g frozen peas
150g MAGGI® Béchamel Sauce
250ml cold water
300g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
1tsp English mustard, or more to taste
20 cherry tomatoes, halved
Prep: 30 minutes. Cook: 30 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water, shaving two minutes from the stated cooking time on pack instructions.
- One minute before the end of cooking time add the peas then drain and refresh in cold water.
- Heat 800ml of water in a saucepan.
- In a separate bowl whisk the béchamel mix into 250ml cold water until smooth then add to the boiling water, whisking continuously, gradually return to the boil.
- Simmer for 1 minute then add the cheese and mustard.
- Tip into a large ovenproof dish and top with tomatoes.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200°C for 20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden.
Sprinkle with MAGGI Crunchy Bake Lemon & Herb or Southern Fried for a crunchy, tasty topping. Serve with fresh salad.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.