Macaroni Cheese with Peas and Sweetcorn
- 1:00 TIME
- 10 portions
550g macaroni pasta shapes, uncooked
400g mixed frozen peas and sweetcorn
250ml cold water
150g MAGGI® Béchamel Sauce
300g mature cheddar cheese, reduced fat, grated
1tsp English mustard, or more to taste
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
Prep: 30 minutes. Cook: 30 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water, shaving two minutes from the stated cooking time on pack.
- One minute before the end of cooking time add the peas and sweetcorn then drain and refresh in cold water.
- Heat 750ml of water in a sauce pan.
- In a separate bowl whisk the béchamel powder into 250ml cold water until smooth then add to the boiling water, whisking continuously and gradually returning to the boil.
- Simmer for 1 minute then add the cheese and mustard.
- Tip into a large oven proof dish and top with sliced tomatoes.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 200°C/ 400°F/ Gas Mark 6 for 20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden.
Sprinkle with MAGGI Crunchy Bake Lemon & Herb or Southern Fried for a crunchy, tasty topping. Serve with fresh salad.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.