Nestlé Professional KITKAT® Éclair Recipe
- 1:00 TIME
- 11 Portions
For the Choux Paste
- 44ml water
- 44ml skimmed milk
- 34g butter, unsalted
- 2g sugar
- 55g plain flour
- 76g egg, whole
For the Chantilly cream
- 300g whipping cream
- 15g caster sugar
- 2g vanilla extract
For the Topping
- 150g milk chocolate
- 88g KITKAT® Mix in
- Place water, milk, butter and sugar in a saucepan, let the butter melt and bring to the boil.
- Sieve the flour into the pan and beat with a wooden spoon until combined – it should come away from the sides of the pan as one piece of dough.
- Transfer the dough to a stand-up mixer bowl and let cool for 5-10min.
- Gradually incorporate beaten eggs until dropping consistency (paddle attachment).
- Pipe 10cm long logs with a 15mm plain tube nozzle onto a tray with silpat mat.
- Egg wash lightly.
- Bake at 190°C, for 15 min. Reduce the oven temperature to 175°C and bake for another 10 min. Test one and bake for additional time, if not dried out.
- Pour whipping cream into round-sided bowl.
- Using a balloon whisk, ¾ whisk the cream.
- Rain in the sugar whilst whipping.
- Finish by adding the vanilla extract.
- Whisk to the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate and use as required.
- Fill the base with the prepared Chantilly cream.
- Melt milk chocolate. Dip the éclair halfway in it.
- Sprinkle with KITKAT® Mix in on top of chocolate.
- Let set.
- Voilà, your finished chocolate éclair recipe with KITKAT® mix-in.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.