Nestlé Professional KITKAT® Churros Recipe
- 0:15 TIME
- 8 Portions
For the Batter
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 85g light brown sugar
- 60g semi-skimmed milk
- 60g water
- 46g unsalted butter
- 10g sugar, caster
- 100g plain flour
- 88g egg, whole
- 2g vanilla extract
For the Dip
- 22g per portion (176g total) KITKAT® Spread
- 20g per portion (160g total) KITKAT® Mix in
- Whisk the cinnamon and light brown sugar together and set aside in a flat dish.
- Put milk, butter, sugar and water in a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Take the pan off the heat. Add the flour and mix it in. Place the pan back on the heat and stir vigorously until dough comes together. Transfer the dough to a stand-up mixer bowl with a paddle attachment. Let cool until warm but not hot to touch.
- Mix the dough on a low to medium speed. Gradually add in beaten eggs to the dough. Stop in-between inclusions to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough into a piping bag, fitted with a big star nozzle.
- Heat the deep fat fryer oil to 190°C.
- Hold the bag at an angle, approximately 10cm, from the surface of the oil. Squeeze the dough out, starting from the furthest corner of the fryer and moving towards yourself.
- If the squeezed-out dough does not release on its own, cut the end with a paring knife.
- Fry churros turning once until golden brown all over (2 min per side).
- Transfer to a kitchen paper towel lined tray to drain excess oil.
- Immediately toss in the prepared sugar-cinnamon mixture to coat while still warm.
- To serve, dip in warmed KITKAT® Spread and coat with KITKAT® Mix ins.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.