Haddock and Coley Fish Pie
- 0:50 TIME
- 10 portions
200g leeks, cut in half lengthways then cut across into 1 cm slices
150ml cold water (for béchamel)
170g MAGGI® Béchamel Sauce
250ml water (for béchamel sauce)
250ml single cream (to be mixed with the above water for the béchamel sauce)
Cracked black pepper
150g smoked haddock
200g MAGGI® Mashed Potato Flakes
1000ml cold water (for the mash)
15g MAGGI® Lemon & Herb Crunchy Bake
Prep: 20 minutes. Cook:30 minutes.
- Blanch the leeks for a minute to soften, then drain and set aside.
- Mix the cold water with the béchamel to form a smooth paste, then bring the 250ml water and 250ml single cream to the boil.
- Whisk in the béchamel paste and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the peas, sweetcorn and cracked black pepper to the sauce then set aside to cool.
- Dice the smoked haddock and coley and place in a mixing bowl with the leeks.
- Pour the cooled sauce over the mixed fish and stir to coat. Place mix into an ovenproof dish.
- Prepare the mashed potato flakes by whisking into the cold water.
- Leave to stand for 3 minutes until the mixture has fully thickened. Then whisk again.
- Spoon or pipe the mash potato over the fish mixture, if spooning use the tines of a fork to draw lines down the surface of the mash, then sprinkle with the MAGGI Lemon & Herb Crunchy Bake.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 190°C/ 375°F/ Gas Mark 5 for 20 to 30 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the mash topping is golden brown.
Add some caramelised onions to the mash for flavour and texture, and add some chopped parsley to the pie mixture. Serve with some fresh steamed vegetables or a green salad.
Using MAGGI products will save you time and cost. For example, the crunchy bake topping reduces the costs by omitting the cheese commonly used.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.