Haddock and Coley Fish Pie
- 0:50 TIME
- 10 portions
240g leeks, cut in half lengthways then cut across into 1 cm slices
300ml cold water
170g MAGGI® Béchamel Sauce
1ltr boiling water
1 lemon, zest and juice
300g smoked haddock
300g MAGGI® Mashed Potato Flakes
1.5ltr cold water
30g MAGGI® Lemon & Herb Crunchy Bake
Prep: 20 minutes. Cook: 30 minutes.
- Blanch the leeks in a pan of boiling water for a minute to soften, then drain and set aside.
- Mix the 300ml cold water with the Béchamel mix to form a smooth paste, then whisk into 1ltr boiling water and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and juice as well as the dill and peas to the sauce then set aside to cool. Season if required.
- Dice the smoked haddock and coley and place in an oven proof dish with the leeks. Pour the cooled sauce over the fish and stir to coat.
- Prepare the mashed potato flakes by whisking into 1.5ltr cold water.
- Leave to stand for 3 minutes until the mixture has fully thickened, then whisk again.
- Pipe the mash over the fish mixture and then sprinkle with the lemon and herb crunchy bake.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 190°C for 20 to 30 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the mash topping is golden brown.
Add some caramelised onions to the mash for flavour and texture, and add some chopped parsley to the pie mixture. Serve with some fresh steamed vegetables or a green salad.
Using MAGGI products will save you time and cost. For example, the crunchy bake topping reduces the costs by omitting the cheese commonly used.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.