Grilled Onglet with Sautéed Wild Mushrooms, Pancetta, Potato Puree and Red Wine Sauce
- 3:00 TIME
- 4 portions
500g onglet, trimmed (save the trimmings for the sauce)
20g of Grapeseed Oil
3 Désirée potatoes, large
100ml single cream
25g unsalted butter
50ml olive oil
Red wine sauce
400g beef trimmings, diced
2 shallots, roughly sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
3 sprigs thyme
10g of unsalted butter
200ml CHEF® Red Wine Sauce
550ml CHEF® All Natural Veal Stock
200g silverskin onions, small, peeled
10g of unsalted butter
5 thyme sprigs
1 garlic clove, crushed
250ml CHEF® All Natural Chicken Stock
1tbsp olive oil
Mushrooms and pancetta
100g pancetta lardons
100g trompette mushrooms
1 tsp parsley, chopped
1 tb.sp olive oil
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cooking Time: 2 hour 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- To begin, make the potato purée. Wash the potatoes, and bake for about 2 hours in a preheated oven until they are soft in the middle.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and whilst they are still hot, cut them in half and scoop out the soft flesh. Pass the flesh through a sieve quickly with a spatula.
- In a heavy-based pan, bring the cream and butter to the boil. Add the sieved potato and beat over the heat with a wooden spoon. Season the purée with salt and pepper, then add the olive oil and beat again until all of the oil has been mixed in. Cover and leave in a warm place until needed.
- Add the 10g of butter, allow to coat and caramelise a little more, then add the CHEF Red Wine Sauce to deglaze. Allow the sauce to bubble for a few minutes, then add the CHEF All Natural Veal Stock. Reduce the heat and allow the sauce to bubble gently for 20 minutes.
- To make the red wine sauce, place a pan over a medium heat. Once the pan is heated, add the beef trimmings and brown them well to release the fat. Add the shallots, garlic and thyme and cook until it is all caramelised.
- To prepare the onions, add a dash of oil to a hot frying pan and add the peeled onions. To cook them, shake the pan occasionally over the heat until the onions are nicely coloured. Add 10g of butter, followed by the garlic and thyme. Add the CHEF All Natural Chicken Stock and then reduce it, shaking the pan to coat the onions in the stock. By the time the stock has cooked down, the onions should be cooked through. Pass the sauce through a piece of muslin cloth, into a clean saucepan and season to taste.
- Add the pancetta to a hot pan with a 1tbsp oil and colour nicely, tossing until it is a golden brown on all sides. Add the girolles and cook these until golden, then add the trompettes and cook down. Sprinkle with the parsley and pepper. Finally add the silverskin onions to complete the garnish.
- Season the onglet and place on a hot grill. Occasionally brush it with the clarified butter. Grill both sides for about 3-4 minutes until medium rare, then remove from the grill and rest for 2 minutes in a warm place.
- To serve, place a spoonful of potato purée on a plate, slice the onglet and place over the top of the purée. Place a generous spoonful of the mushroom and mushroom mixture over the top and finish with a CHEF Red Wine Sauce.
Try using a beef fillet instead of the onglet.
Per Serve (1/4th recipe)
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.