Fried Pollock with a Curried Shellfish Mussel Sauce
- 0:30 TIME
- 1 Portions
1 pollock steak skin on
1 shallot finely diced
1 red chilli diced
12 washed and de-bearded mussels
75ml CHEF® All Natural Shellfish Stock
75ml CHEF® All Natural Chicken Stock
0.5 carrot ribbons
0.5 courgette ribbons
0.5 small leek, thinly sliced
5 new potatoes
50 ml double cream
0.5 tsp ground cumin
0.5 tsp turmeric
0.5 tsp ground coriander
0.5 tsp ground ginger
0.5 tsp salt & pepper
0.5 tsp flour
1 tsp oil
0.5 tablespoon lemon coriander
micro coriander to garnish
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Cook potatoes till tender
- Sprinkle the flour onto the skin of the pollock and pan fry
- Sweat shallots and diced chilli without colouring.
- Add mussels and the CHEF All Natural shellfish stock and CHEF All Natural chicken stock and cover the pan with a lid. Remove the mussels from the pan.
- In a separate pan sweat the vegetables without colour.
- Add the curry spices and cook for a minute and then add the mussels cooking liquor and reduce by a third, add cream and reduce
- Season and taste!
The dish is open to many substitutions of fish and shellfish but one key point to remember is that the spices should not be allowed to overpower the main ingredients.