Fish Dogs served in Wholemeal Rolls with Salad
- 0:35 TIME
- 10 portions
200g MAGGI® Mashed Potato Flakes
850ml cold water
550g raw salmon, cooked and flaked
100g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
2 eggs, beaten
100g MAGGI® Lemon & Herb Crunchy Bake
10 wholemeal rolls
100g cucumber, sliced
½ red pepper, sliced
½ yellow pepper, sliced
120g cherry tomatoes, sliced
Prep: 20 minutes. Cook: 15 minutes.
- Combine the mashed potato flakes and the cold water in a large bowl.
- Whisk for 30 seconds then set aside for 3 minutes to thicken.
- Reconstitute the mash by whisking again then gently fold in the flaked salmon and cheese.
- Place the mash mix into a piping bag with a 1.5” opening.
- Pipe long sausages of mash onto a lined baking tray and place into the fridge to firm.
- Once firm, cut the mash into croquettes (fish dogs) approximately 3” in length.
- Dip each fish dog into the beaten egg mix then roll in the crunchy bake, ensuring it is well coated.
- Return the fish dogs to the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes in an oven pre-heated to 190˚C.
- Remove from the oven, place into a roll alongside a mixed salad.
Make this into a lighter meal by omitting the hot dog bun and serving on a bed of salad leaves with a zingy lemon dressing.
Serve with tartar sauce and a wedge of lemon.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.