800g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and dried
150ml fat free yogurt
10g garlic, chopped
5g MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon
10g flat leaf parsley, chopped
1tbsp Moroccan spice mix
50g plain flour
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
10 toasted pitta/flatbread, wholemeal
100g shredded lettuce
200g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
½ red pepper, sliced
½ yellow pepper, sliced
½ green pepper, sliced
Prep: 10 minutes. Cook: 10 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, yogurt, garlic, parsley, spice mix, flour and half of the oil to a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and shape into 10 equal patties.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the patties, and quickly fry for 3 minutes on each side until lightly golden.
- Prepare the salsa by mixing together the cucumber, rich and rustic, peppers and coriander.
- Serve the falafals in the pitta bread with a side salad and the salsa.
Try serving with some sour cream mixed with lime juice and a pinch of paprika.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.