Cumbrian Lamb Hoggit with textures of Greek Salad
- 1:40 TIME
- 4 Portions
4 Pieces of lamb Hoggit loin approx 80g each
4 pieces of lamb flap approx 100g each before cooking
15g olive oil
4 Garlic bulbs
12 Pitted green and black olives (pre marinated if possible for maximum flavour effect)
10g Bunch of thyme
10 bunch of rosemary
3 red onions
50g demerara sugar
1 tablespoon Marmite
100g pitted black olives unmarinated
6 cherry tomatoes
300g feta cheese
200g panko crumb
200g CHEF® All Natural Lamb Stock reduced by half
CHEF® Signature Black Garlic Paste to garnish
Prep Time: 40 minutes. Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Prepare the Hoggit saddle (remove the loin) separate the belly flaps from the middle fat. Confit the belly for 1.5 hrs on a medium heat 120-150 degrees in a fan oven.
- Prepare the loin in portions and seal in a bag with rosemary, thyme and garlic and cook sous vide for 20 minutes at 54oc. (This will be pan roasted in butter just before service)
- Take 100g of lovage with 4 eggs and 1 extra egg white plus 25g plain flour blend together in a food processor and pass through a conical sieve.
- Place the passed mixture into an isigun and hit with 2 charges of n2o.
- Slit the bottom of a plastic cup squire and add in the mix till 1/3 full and place in a microwave on full power for 45 seconds.
- Place immediately in the freezer and leave to cool this prevents sinkage.
- Return the remaining lovage pulp to a blender and add 7% moltadextrin and blend till smooth and spread on silpat mat.
- Dry in dehydrator until crisp.
- Slice the red onions and sweat until broken down add a little demerara sugar and a tablespoon of marmite.
- Cover with CHEF All Natural lamb stock simmer until reduced and stock is coating the onions.
- Cut feta cheese into 1.5cm cubes and panni with panto crumb.
- Chill well before use.
- Peel the cucumber remove the seeds and cut into even sized batons
- Blend 50g black olives, 1 clove of garlic zest, juice of half a lemon and 5 anchovy fillets together. Add 15g olive oil a little at a time to emulsify the tapenade paste
- To plate using a pastry brush paint a line down the centre of the plate with the CHEF Signature Black Garlic Paste
- Sear the lamb loin and confit belly skin side down in a hot pan and season the base with foaming butter.
- Remove from the heat and set aside in the pan.
- Take 3 of the cucumber batons and to add some colour.
- Place in the centre of the plate like a ladder
- Place a small dollop of the tapenade and onion marmalade at the end of each baton. Place a marinated olives and half a dried cherry tomatoes on top.
- Fry the feta beignet until golden season with lemon juice and place the cube on the puree mix beside the olives and tomato.
- Give the lamb loin and belly a glaze with the Signature Lamb stock before placing on the plate. Plate the loin between the centre batons and belly off set to other side.
- Garnish with the lovage sponge and tuile.
- Drizzle with lovage oil and serve with reduced CHEF All Natural lamb stock.
If aged Lamb Hoggit is unavailable the use of a young lamb will work also. The lovage too can be substituted with parsley for a milder flavour.