Crunchy Tuna and Sweetcorn Pasta Bake
- 0:45 TIME
- 10 portions
550g pasta shapes, uncooked
800kg MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Sauce
150g sweetcorn, salt free, drained weight
500g Tuna flakes in spring water, drained
75g MAGGI® Béchamel Sauce
125ml cold water (for the béchamel)
375ml boiling water (for the béchamel)
50g mature cheddar cheese, grated
15g MAGGI® Lemon & Herb Crunchy Bake
Prep: 25 minutes. Cook: 20 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add the pasta.
- Shave 2 minutes off the cooking time stated on pack instructions so the shells are still al dente. Drain the cooked pasta and refresh with cold water.
- Mix the cold pasta with the MAGGI Rich & Rustic and sweetcorn then place in an oven proof dish. Flake the tuna over the pasta mix.
- Put 375ml water in a pan and heat until boiling. Whisk the béchamel powder into the cold water until smooth, then pour into the boiling water and return to the boil, stirring continuously for 1 minute.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Ladle the cheese sauce over the tuna and pasta mix and top with the MAGGI Crunchy Bake.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 190°C/ 375°F/ Gas Mark 5 for 20 to 25 minutes.
Why not try adding different vegetables, such as peas or broccoli?
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.