Compound Butter with Crispy Chicken Skin
- 0:25 TIME
- 10 Portions
WATCH THESE VIDEOS TO FIND OUT MORE
View our range of short videos to see the dish being created and how you can use our CHEF® Liquid Concentrates in the same way as a bouillon or seasoning. They’ll help you add more flavour at any stage from pre-cooking to plating.
30g chicken skin
125g unsalted butter, room temperature
10ml single cream
9ml CHEF® Chicken Liquid Concentrate (5ml for butter the other 4ml brushed on the chicken skin)
600g ciabatta bread
15ml olive oil
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Scrape any fat off the flesh side of the chicken skin, try not to get any holes in the skin.
- Place onto a lined baking sheet, brush lightly with the CHEF Chicken Liquid Concentrate, top with greaseproof paper and weigh down with another baking sheet.
- Place in pre-heated oven to crisp.
- Cream the butter, cream and CHEF Chicken Liquid Concentrate in the mixer until light and fluffy.
- Either pipe chicken butter into a ramekin, or holding dish or can be placed into cling film and rolled.
- Heat a griddle pan on high heat, drizzle the olive oil over the sliced ciabatta and griddle.
- Serve with char grilled ciabatta and crispy chicken skin.
Eat within 3 days of making or can be frozen on day of making.
A great starter to any meal but you can just as easily use salmon skin in place of chicken or even make a great wild mushroom butter for all to enjoy.