10 chicken pieces, such as breast and thigh
45g CHEF® Chicken Liquid Concentrate
20ml olive oil
200g shallots, peeled and finely chopped
15g garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
1 inch piece root ginger, peeled and grated
1tbsp harissa paste or Moroccan spice mix
500g butternut squash, peeled and diced
800g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
20g clear honey
roughly chopped fresh coriander, to finish
Prep: 25 minutes. Cook: 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (fan oven 160°C). Cut the chicken breasts in half and add to a large bowl with the chicken thighs. Mix 15ml of chicken liquid concentrate into the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and sear until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat slightly, add the shallots and cook for 5-6 minutes until golden brown. Add the garlic and grated ginger and cook for 30 seconds before adding the harissa paste and cook for a further minute.
- Add the butternut squash to the pan and stir to coat in the spices. Arrange the chicken, skin side up, on top of the shallots and butternut squash. Pour over the rich & rustic tomato sauce, remaining 30ml of chicken concentrate, 500ml water and the honey. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally then transfer to a gastronorm pan to bake for 40 mins until tender.
- Finish with the coriander and serve with a couscous salad.
Harissa is a fiery North African spice paste. A mixture of roasted peppers, chilli, garlic, caraway seed, ground cumin, tomato puree, salt and olive oil which is great with meat, fish or vegetables.
Per Serve (1/10th of recipe)
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.