1 tsp. vegetable oil
2 onions (300g), diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
150g mild curry paste
15g MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
600g chicken breast, diced
500g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
60g MAGGI® Coconut Milk Powder
150ml natural yoghurt
40g coriander, chopped
450g wholegrain rice
Prep: 20 minutes. Cook: 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil and onions in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Cook gently until the onions are softened and beginning to brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste, coconut milk powder and chicken bouillon and cook for 5 minutes, then add the chicken and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Pour in the MAGGI Rich & Rustic, chickpeas, water and three quarters of the natural yoghurt.
- Simmer for a further 15 minutes to infuse the flavours.
- Cook the wholegrain race according to pack instructions, drain and keep warm.
- Just before serving stir in the fresh coriander.
- To finish, drizzle the remaining natural yoghurt over the curry and serve with the rice.
If the consistency off the curry is too thick adjust by adding a little chicken stock or water. Try replacing the chicken with vegetables to make a vegetable and chickpea curry.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.