Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli and Cauliflower Bake
- 1:00 TIME
- 10 Portions
250g broccoli florets
250g cauliflower florets
15g MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
800ml Water (for the liquid concentrate)
650g chicken breast, diced
100g MAGGI® Béchamel Sauce Mix
250ml water (for the béchamel powder)
100g grated extra mature cheddar
15g MAGGI® Lemon & Herb Crunchy Bake
1500g baby new potatoes
Prep:30 minutes. Cook:30 minutes.
- Blanch the broccoli and cauliflower florets in boiling water until just cooked. Drain, refresh with cold water, and set aside.
- Heat 800ml of water and the chicken bouillon in a large saucepan.
- Add the diced chicken and simmer on a fairly high heat until core temperature reaches at least 75˚C.
- Remove chicken pieces with a slotted spoon and reserve the chicken stock.
- Whisk the béchamel powder into the 250ml cold water until smooth.
- Gradually whisk into the hot chicken stock and return to the boil, continuing to whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add 100g of the grated cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Arrange the chicken in a casserole dish followed by the cauliflower and broccoli and cover with the cheese sauce.
- Top with the remaining cheese followed by the crunchy bake and then bake in a pre-heated oven 190°C/ 375°F/ Gas mark 5 for 25-30 minutes until core temperature is 75°C or above.
- While the bake is in the oven, simmer baby new potatoes for 20 minutes or until cooked.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.