Chargrilled Beef and Caramelised Onion Flatbread
- 2:08 TIME
- 10 portions
WATCH THESE VIDEOS TO FIND OUT MORE
View our range of short videos to see the dish being created and how you can use our CHEF® Liquid Concentrates in the same way as a bouillon or seasoning. They’ll help you add more flavour at any stage from pre-cooking to plating.
30ml CHEF® Beef Liquid Concentrate
10 x 150g sirloin steaks
300g button mushrooms
10 wholemeal flatbreads
50ml olive oil
80g baby leaf
200g cucumber ribbons
Prep Time: 2 hours. Cooking Time: 8 minutes (depending on how the steak is to be cooked)
- Marinade the steak in the CHEF Beef Liquid Concentrate, place in a vac pac bag and seal. Leave in the fridge for two hours.
- Slice the mushrooms and onions. Heat the butter in the frying pan and add some olive oil. Caramelise the onions then add the mushrooms and cook through. Leave to one side until required.
- Combine the mustard and mayo together and leave to one side until required.
- Heat the griddle pan until smoking, remove the steak from the vac pac bag and carefully place onto the heated griddle pan, and cook for the desired length of time remove and rest, warm the flat bread, dress the leaf with the remainder of the olive oil.
- Spread the mustard mayo onto the warmed flat bread, slice the rested steak and fill the flatbreads. Add the onions and mushrooms, cucumber ribbons and finish with the rocket and baby leaf.
- Serve on a warm plate.
Any meat can be used, even leftover from a roast. Try adding some hot smoked salmon and avocado instead for a real tasty treat.