- 0:45 TIME
- 10 portions
950g chicken breasts
1 medium egg, beaten
100g MAGGI® Southern Fried Crunchy Bake
500g long grain or basmati rice, uncooked
200g frozen sweetcorn
100g Fresh jalapeños
200g MAGGI® Coconut Milk Powder
300g chunky tomato salsa, to serve
Fresh coriander, to finish
Prep: 10 minutes. Cook: 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan 180°C). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Dip the chicken in the beaten egg to coat. Press firmly into the Crunchy Bake breadcrumb mix until all sides are well coated and place on the baking tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Ensure the chicken reaches a minimum core temperature of 75˚C.
- Place the rice in a pan and cover with 1 litre of cold water. Bring to the boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 8 minutes until almost tender.
- Add the sweetcorn and coconut milk powder and stir. Re-cover and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove the rice from the heat and add the sliced jalapeños. Leave the rice to sit for 10 mins then fluff up with a fork.
- To serve, place the rice in a shallow bowl and top with the sliced chicken and salsa. Top with fresh coriander leaves.
The chicken can be coated up to 1 hour before cooking. Cover and chill until ready to cook.
Per Serve (1/10th of Recipe)
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.