- 1:45 TIME
- 10 portions
1 medium onion (150g), finely diced
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
600g lean minced beef
700ml water to braise the mince
2 medium carrots (200g), grated
1 tsp. oregano
400g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
5g fresh basil, chopped
Black pepper, to taste
550g lasagne sheets, wholegrain
600ml water (for béchamel)
90g MAGGI® Béchamel Sauce
20g Parmesan cheese,
100g cheddar cheese, grated
Prep: 15 minutes. Cook: 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven temperature to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Fry the onions and carrot in the vegetable oil in a large pan over a low heat, until soft without colour.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the mince to the pan followed by 700ml cold water and bring to the boil and skim any excess fat from the surface.
- Add the oregano and continue to cook until the water has completely evaporated and the meat is tender.
- Add the tomato sauce, stir, and simmer for 10 minutes. Mix the basil into the sauce and season with pepper to taste.
- Cover the base of a deep roasting tin with quarter of the meat sauce and cover with a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat the process, adding another layer of sauce and lasagne sheets. Ensure to finish with a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Whisk the béchamel powder with 150ml cold water in a bowl until smooth. Place the remaining water into a sauce pan and bring to the boil.
- Whisk the sauce mixture into the boiling water and simmer for 3 minutes, then add the grated cheeses. Top the lasagne with the sauce.
- Cook in the middle of the oven for about 45 minutes- or until golden brown on top, bubbling around the edges and the pasta is soft.
Use roughly diced onions and blitz in the food processor; this saves time chopping and blends well into the mince sauce.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.