- 1:40 TIME
- 10 portions
For the meat sauce
1tbsp vegetable oil
150g onion, finely diced
100g carrot, finely diced
100g celery, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
600g lean minced beef
400g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
550g cannelloni pasta tubes
For the cheese sauce
80g MAGGI® Béchamel Sauce
150ml cold water
450ml boiling water
75g low-fat mature cheese, grated
For the tomato base
strong>400g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
Prep:20 minutes. Cook:1 hour 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and soften the onions, carrots, celery and garlic.
- Add the mince and cook until browned.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and simmer for 20 minutes or until filling is thick enough to hold in a cannelloni pasta tube.
- While the meat sauce is cooking, stir the béchamel sauce mix into the cold water to form a paste.
- Whisk the paste into the boiling water and simmer for 1 minute. Mix through half of the grated cheeses.
- To assemble the dish, spread the tomato sauce across the base of a large ovenproof baking dish.
- Place the filled cannelloni tubes on top and pour over the cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake in an oven preheated to 200°C for 30-40 minutes until the pasta is tender and the topping is golden brown.
Try this recipe using a spinach and ricotta filling or roasted vegetable in the MAGGI Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce. Crepes can be used instead of the cannelloni rolls.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.