BBQ Breaded Fillet and Corn Salad Nacho Bowl
- 0:35 TIME
- 10 portions
10 x Garden Gourmet Breaded Fillet Pieces
100g BBQ sauce
4 large wholemeal Lebanese breads, cut into strips
2½ tsp black chia seeds
350g asparagus, trimmed
250g green tomatoes, sliced
250g oxheart tomatoes, sliced
40g watercress sprigs
2 tbsp Dukkah (Dukkah is a blend of nuts, seeds and spices. It originated in North Africa)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
5 corncobs, kernels sliced
2½ fresh jalapeño chilli, finely sliced
3 x limes, cut into segments to serve
Cracked black pepper, to taste
500g low fat natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
25g Chipotle Paste
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 25mins
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the bread on large baking trays, lightly brush with the oil and sprinkle each with chia seeds. Cook for 8 minutes or until crisp. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat, add the corn and cook for 4–5 minutes or until lightly charred then hold the corncob standing up and cut down the sides, removing kernels as you work round.
- To make the jalapeño yoghurt, place the yoghurt, pickled jalapeños in a bowl, using a hand-held blender, blend until smooth.
- Place the asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Remove, refresh under cold water and shave with a peeler.
- Place the breaded fillets on a lightly greased baking tray and brush each fillet with the BBQ sauce using a pastry brush. To cook the breaded fillet, preheat oven to 200⁰C (Fan 180⁰C) or Gas mark 6, from Defrosted: 5-6 minutes Frozen: 8-10 minutes. Once cooked, slice each fillet at a 45-degree angle.
- To plate up, divide the watercress, asparagus, tomato, corn, fresh chili between each plate, drizzle each dish with the dressing and then garnish with the dukkah, cracked black pepper and serve with lime segments and Lebanese bread.
To add that extra level of texture to our bbq breaded fillet and corn vegetable salad nacho bowl recipe, you can add some roasted nuts such as cashew, natural peanuts or pulses like kidney beans.
This nacho bowl recipe provides 2 of your 5 a day.
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).