1tbsp golden syrup
175g digestive biscuits, finely crushed
2tbsp cocoa powder
500g light cream cheese
397g CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
300g dark chocolate, melted
2tsp vanilla extract
Prep:20 minutes. Cook:1 hour 5 minutes, plus cooling time.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven). Double wrap the outside of a 20cm (8in) spring-form cake tin with cling film.
- Heat the golden syrup and low fat spread in a saucepan until melted. Stir in the crushed biscuits and cocoa until well combined. Tip into the prepared tin and spread out evenly with the back of a spoon, pressing down well. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese until soft. Gradually whisk in the condensed milk, dark chocolate, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Pour over the set biscuit base. Sit the cheesecake in a roasting tin.
- Pour boiling water into the tin until it comes halfway up the side of the cake tin. Bake in the centre of the oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, without opening the door, and leave for 1 hour to set.
- Cool and chill for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the tin and cut into 15 slices.
It is important to cool the cheesecake in the oven this will help keep the centre of the baked cheesecake from cooling too quickly and cracking. However, do not worry if this happens. Cover with a layer of whipped cream or soured cream and dust with extra cocoa powder just before serving.
Per slice (1/15th cheesecake)
of which: saturates
of which: sugars
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
Based on the stated recipe. Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages.