Once your registration for Toque d’Or 2019 is complete, you will receive a brief and list of ingredients from which you will need to work to create a vegetarian dish. Your dish must fit the theme of Sustainability, Nutrition, Health and Wellness and we’d like to see as creativity! We also ask that you produce a 2 minute video presenting your dish, including how it meets the brief, and explaining why you want to be a part of Toque d’Or 2019. Finally, we would like to you cost your dish using your college or business supplier’s prices.
When working on your entry consider the following:
- Don’t rush. As soon as you’ve received the brief you can get started so make sure you give yourself enough time to produce your best work.
- The foodservice industry is under a lot of pressure to reduce calories, sugar and salt as well as having to respond to the demand to meet specific requirements of a vegetarian diet. When creating your dish consider this as well as the Eatwell Guide.
- Be creative! You have to work from the ingredient list provided but there is plenty of scope to channel originality. Think outside the box and remember you have to stand out from all the other applicants.
- It’s important that you consider the protein element when developing a dish for vegetarians and don’t just ‘remove the meat’.
- Ensure your recipe method is easy to read, imagine that you will be using it to produce a dish at work or college.
- When creating your video, think about presentation of not only your dish but yourself! The judges will be looking for applications that show passion and enthusiasm as well as skill.
- We aren’t looking for a video that is technically spectacular; use a camera or your phone, edit or don’t – it’s not a film competition!
- Have fun! Yes it’s a competition but Toque d’Or is all about having enjoying yourself and we want to you have a great time taking part.
We have created a video with Nestlé Professional Development Chef Darren Chapman to give you some ideas on what to think about when creating your entry.
Submission will be open online from 09:00 on 14th January 2019 to 12:00 (midday) on 15th January 2019. You will receive an email explaining how to submit your entry early in the new year.
Best of luck!
We’re here to help so if you have any queries make sure you get in touch. You can contact us on [email protected] or 020 8667 5530.