With the large coffee-shop chains rolling out their festive drink menus, it’s important for your convenience store to enter into the holiday spirit – and that means rotating and updating your usual coffee-to-go product range to appeal to Winter consumers.
Offer hot Winter-warmers on the go
Coffee and hot beverages on-the-go can be an excellent addition for your convenience store. They help you to attract a wider range of customers, increase your overall customer experience and provide you with a regular revenue stream to improve the store’s overall profitability.
Recent statistics show four in five (79%) Brits bought a hot drink out of home in 20171 and hot beverages are likely to become a big seller over the coming Winter months. Adding a NESCAFÉ® &GO® coffee machine lets you service this customer need for convenient coffee.
To get the most from your Winter drink sales:
- Increase your footfall – 44% of Brits buy their hot drinks from non-specialist stores2, so offering drinks to-go is a great way to bring more customers into the shop and boost overall footfall to your convenience store.
- Offer warming hot beverages – as the temperatures drop and customers look for warming product choices on chilly days, having hot coffees, teas and hot chocolates on offer can make your store a focal point for customers.
- Think about pairing drinks with festive food – running a promotional deal on hot drinks can also increase sales, so consider pairing a hot beverage with a mince pie or a slice of Christmas cake at an attractive price point.
Spice up your product range of hot drinks to-go
With the big coffee chains promoting their Winter drinks options, it’s important to compete with your local coffee shops – and that means spicing up your product range to augment the existing coffee options you’re offering from your NESCAFÉ® &GO® coffee machine.
Consider adding new drink products, including:
- NESCAFÉ® GOLD Vanilla Latte Coffee – allowing you to vie with your coffee competitors by offering this classic coffee-shop favourite, crafted from high-quality coffee beans, fresh British milk, and a delicious vanilla flavour in a cup.
- NESCAFÉ® AERO Hot Chocolate – offering customers a hot, creamy hot chocolate with AERO®’s unique bubbles, all delivered in an instant from your in-store machine.
- NESCAFÉ® AZERA® To Go Cappuccino - Now your customers can savour a barista-style cappuccino on-the-go with NESCAFÉ Azera To Go Cappuccino. Each pre-filled cup contains everything they need to create a barista-inspired cappuccino.
If you’re looking to keep your regular customer happy this Winter, and want to increase drinks sales across the store, we’d recommend investing in a NESCAFÉ® &GO® coffee machine and exploring our full range of takeaway hot beverage options. Discover more about our NESCAFÉ® &GO® coffee machine
- Mintel Coffee Shop UK Report (Jan 2018)
- Mintel’s Coffee Shops 2016 report