Vegetarian Chilli Tacos
Mexican tacos are a popular dish as they can be a hand held street food snack or served as a main. Don’t let your vegetarian customers miss out on this vibrant, colourful dish. Our vegetarian chilli tacos recipe is packed full of flavour, with fruit balancing off the spices, making it more appealing for children.
- 0:50 TIME
- 10 Portions
75g red onion, finely sliced
160g green bell pepper, finely diced
160g red bell pepper, finely diced
50g cucumber, peeled, cored and finely diced
10g fresh coriander, chopped
200g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
½ lime, juiced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
150g onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
½ green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
600g GARDEN GOURMET Mince
50g red lentils
300g MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce
67g small apple, peeled and chopped
150g pear, peeled and chopped
1tsp smoked paprika
10 taco shells
200g iceberg lettuce, shredded
50g sour cream
150g mature cheddar cheese
1 large drained tin of sweetcorn
1 tin kidney beans
- Begin by preparing the salsa. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and cover with cling film. The flavours will develop and deepen while the chilli for the tacos is cooking.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion. Cook for five minutes until soft and golden.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further five minutes, then stir in the GARDEN GOURMET Vegan Mince and lentils and allow to cook for five minutes.
- Add the MAGGI® Rich & Rustic Tomato Sauce, drained sweetcorn, apple and pear and simmer for 45 minutes, adding a little water if required. Once tender add the cumin and smoked paprika.
- To serve, warm the taco shells for two minutes in a pre-heated oven.
- Divide the shredded lettuce among the shells then fill with the chilli.
- Top with the tomato salsa, a teaspoon of sour cream and a sprinkle of grated cheddar cheese.
Why not serve with guacamole?
|12.9 g||5.3 g||9.0 g||1.48 g|
of an adults Reference Intake (RI)*
Energy per 100g: 499 kJ / 119 kcal
|Typical Nutrition Values||Per 100g||Per serve||Adult RI||% RI*|
|of which saturates g||2.0||5.3||20||27%|
|of which sugars g||3.4||9.0||90||10%|
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
The recipe nutrition information is approximate and based on the ingredients listed. Please consider if any ingredients are changed or substituted then the nutrition will change.