Vegetarian Caesar Salad with Breaded Fillet
Add the ultimate crowd-pleaser to your menu with our vegetarian Caesar salad recipe. Featuring the golden GARDEN GOURMET® Breaded Fillet and a tofu dressing topped with white chia seed parmesan crisps, this vegetarian Caesar salad is easy to prepare and offers a delicious meal for those warmer months. Try out this new take on a classic recipe, full of amazing flavours, and watch it become an absolute favourite with your clients.
- 0:30 TIME
- 10 Portions
1kg x baby cos lettuce leaves (approx. 12), washed and trimmed
320g French beans, topped, tailed and washed
250g baby spinach, washed
160g finely grated parmesan
2 tsp white chia seeds
300g silken tofu
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp capers, rinsed
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). To make the parmesan crisps, place the parmesan and chia in a bowl and toss to combine. Place 10 mounds of the parmesan on 2 large lightly greased oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper and flatten slightly. Cook for 8–10 minutes or until golden, set aside.
- To make tofu dressing, place the tofu, mustard, capers, lemon juice, water and pepper in a small bowl. Using a hand-held blender, blend until smooth.
- Blanch the French beans for 2 minutes in boiling water, refresh and drain.
- Place the GARDEN GOURMET Breaded Fillets on a lined backing tray with greaseproof paper and bake at 180°C from frozen for 12-15 minutes and then cut into strips at a 45-degree angle.
- To serve, divide the lettuce and spinach onto 10 bowls, add the breaded fillet strips, French beans, crumble over the parmesan crisps and drizzle each bowl with the dressing. Season with freshly ground cracked black pepper.
This vegetarian Caesar salad also lends itself to be served in a wrap for an on the go snack.
|18.4 g||4.6 g||5.5 g||1.59 g|
|18 %*||26 %*||23 %*||6 %*||26 %*|
of an adults Reference Intake (RI)*
Energy per 100g: 499 kJ / 119 kcal
|Typical Nutrition Values||Per 100g||Per serve||Adult RI||% RI*|
of which saturates g
of which sugars g
*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal).
The recipe nutrition information is approximate and based on the ingredients listed. Please consider if any ingredients are changed or substituted then the nutrition will change.