- Competition is open to UK and ROI only. Contestants will be a craft apprentice at Commis Chef Level, participating in a full time recognised Apprenticeship and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Registration opens online at 00:01 on 4 September 2017 and closes at 23:59 on 15 December 2017.
- There is no limit to the number of apprentices any one employer can enter.
- In order to enter, applicants will be required to create and submit a finished dish that derives inspiration from a given theme. The theme will be decided by Nestlé Professional of which all detail and criteria will be communicated as part of the registration process.
- Entrants will be required to submit a link to a video showcasing their dish and the inspiration behind it. Videos should be live and publicly available through any widely used video sharing platform. Your video should be no longer than 90 seconds.
- All entries submitted must be the entrants own original work and not previously published in any media. They must not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party. Any entry found to be copied, or the work of another chef, will be disqualified.
- Entries that are incomplete will not be accepted.
- Entries must be received digitally between 09:00 and 17:00 on 10 January 2018.
- By taking part in the competition, participants acknowledge that they may be required to take part in all and ongoing relevant publicity associated with Nestlé Professional Toque d’Or without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the participants name and/or image, statements made by the participants concerning the competition and/or prizes obtained as part of the competition.
- By providing an entry, each participant grants the Promoter and its agents the right to publish, use, reproduce, distribute, make available, edit and/or modify the entry including recipes, in any way, in whole or in part, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, in perpetuity and without consideration or notice to the participant. Providing an entry further constitutes the participant’s transfer to the Promoter of any and all rights, title and interest in and to the entry and the entrant’s likeness, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights.
- By providing an entry, each participant grants the Promoter and its agents the right to publish, use, reproduce, distribute, make available, edit and/or modify the entry including recipes, in any way, in whole or in part, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, in perpetuity and without consideration or notice to the participant. Providing any entry further constitutes the participant’s transfer to the Promoter of any and all rights, title, and interest in and to the entry and the entrant’s likeness, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights.
- The competition heats will be held at Gatwick where successful apprentices will be asked to recreate their ‘signature’ dish. Places will be allocated randomly, unless there is a business reason to have a place on a specific day, which must be stated at the time of registration.
- The Grand Finals will consist of a residential programme in April 2018 for the six finalists. These will be the highest scoring apprentices from the National Heats.
- The Nestlé Professional Toque d’Or organisers reserve the right to make changes without prior notice and will inform all relevant parties.
- Accommodation requirements for the Grand Finals will be organised and paid for by the Nestlé Professional Toque d’Or office. Any further and additional expenses must be agreed by the Nestlé Professional Toque d’Or office in writing prior to the expenditure. Authentic receipts must support all claims. The Promoter reserves the right to reject any claims for expenses that have not been agreed, and/or are not in line with this clause.
- The names and colleges of the finalists and the overall winner will be available for a minimum of three months from 08/06/2018 to those sending an email titled ‘Nestlé Professional Toque d’Or 2018 Apprentice Winners List’ to [email protected].
So much more than just a competition. Nestlé Professional Toque d’Or provides real life challenges that inform, test and push both students and apprentices in the most exciting ways. By linking education with industry, Toque d’Or presents a series of unique experiences which bridge the gap between the classroom and exciting reality of industry.
These terms were updated on 28 November 2017 due to a change in the closing date for registrations.